Thank you to Cindi for my TT header today.
I've been really bad lately with my blog but thought today would be a good day to give an update on the 13 things I like best about my new job!
1. I am a government employee who actually works her little bottom off, despite what most people say. But I guess that since I work in a courtroom, that would be a given.
2. I don't have to deal with my old whiny boss anymore.
3. I don't have to make friends with these new people, so I don't have to worry about personal backstabbing.
4. I have more holidays off because we follow the state holidays. The only thing that bites is that we don't get Christmas eve off because we get Caesar Chavez day instead (stupid California), oh well.
5. It's very interesting to see the type of people that come into a courtroom for regular Civil matters. Right now, I'm in a courtroom that handles small claims, name changes and unlawful detainers (Landlord's trying to evict their Tenant's for not paying rent). Oh, and harrassments, people trying to get restraining orders. Trying being the operative word here.
6. I have picked up the basics to doing the minute orders somewhat quickly. Thanks to my trainer who put together a cheat sheet with the codes that get inputted based on the case. Items need to be added, but at least it gives you a place to start.
7. I can now walk across the street every other Thursday to get my nails done. Happy dance going on for that one. No more having to fight downtown lunch traffic or trying to find a parking space. Oh, and I'm exercising myself by walking.
8. My courtroom is currently in the basement, therefore I get no cell phone coverage, therefore, the kids can't call me every 10 minutes to complain about each other.
9. Everyone, and I mean everyone that I have met are very nice and want to help you. I am truly grateful for that!!!!
10. I won't have to pay an arm and a leg for benefits. Just a finger or two. hahaha
11. I got a pay raise when I started this job :) That is always a benefit, but hey, sometimes making less is worth getting out of where you currently are, if you don't have as many deductions from your paycheck.
12. I don't start until 8:00 a.m. Which means that technically I can sleep in, but that usually gets me in trouble since I lose track of time. So since I have farther to drive, I'm trying to keep my mind on leaving at the same time I would leave previously when I had to be at work at 7:30.
13. And finally...I don't have to go out and get my law degree in order to be in the courtroom. I get to hear it all on my side of the room.
I hope everyone has a wonderful TT.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants