Sponsor of the Week

Netflix, Inc. I can not tell you enough about how much I LOVE my Netflix subscription.

Friday, June 8, 2007

Why don't people answer the question as you have asked it?

It truly amazes me that there are actually people still out there that are asked a question and don't actually answer the question. Okay, we all know I work in Commercial Real Estate and I am the accountant who just happens to do ALL the accounting and billing. I went back and forth with a colleague during the past two days as to why I was billing (based on a Net Lease Commission) for work done one way when it should CLEARLY be billed another (Lease says Gross Lease). Back and forth, round and round and then OMG, the light bulb finally came on over her lovely head. As I was reading my blogs this morning, my work email popped of from said girl and it said, "you are correct". What? What do you mean I was correct? I could have told you that from the get go. Maybe it was because I actually had to contain myself by making a photocopy of said document and circle multiple times (taking my aggression out with a Sharpie) the one word "GROSS" that indicates the billing should be my way not hers. Now I'm back to the waiting game because apparently all these leases should be "Net" leases. So my question to her yesterday was, "So are you going to redo the lease?" I guess I will have to be patient and wait and see what comes across next week, or maybe in 4 weeks. Just like another piece of paper I received from her today that actually took 4 WEEKS for me to get, actually 5 now that I'm thinking about it.

So please people, answer the question for what the question is being asked. Don't volunteer information that is not necessary, I really don't care to hear about it. That is why I've gotten away (at work) from asking how someone's evening or weekend was. I'm going to find out anyways, because they will not hesitate to tell.

Have a good weekend, must step off my soapbox and make one delivery, plan for a bday party tomorrow, and manage to wake up at the butt crack of dawn to attend Andrea's graduation tomorrow morning at 7:15 a.m. Yes, you read that right.

No comments: